By beginning the exam, you are certifying that the statements below are true:
1. I have read and understood the following documents
- New! American College of Radiology White Paper on MR Safety
- Siemens Medical Systems/Northwestern University MRI Safety Guidelines
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital MRI Safety Manual
- Projectile Cylinder Accidents Resulting from the Presence of Ferromagnetic Nitrous Oxide or Oxygen Tanks in the MR Suite
2. I have registered at MRIsafety.com
MRIsafety.com is an a excellent and free resource for MRI safety questions and up-to-date information
3. I have viewed the Imaging Facility Pre-MRI Screening Form
You are encouraged to use this document to screen all of your subjects and patients prior to any MRI exams. This form has been compiled by several institutions and represents vast experience.
4. I have become CPR certified
Become certified in CPR and complete training on the use of the Automatic Electronic Defibrillator (AED). For more information e-mail Jennifer Mcdonald. Alternatively you may contact ACUTE CARE EDUCATION SYSTEMS INC. (ACES) to register for seperate CPR certification at (847) 882-7076 or online at cardiacsave.com. Courses offered at here at NMH.
5. I have attended the MRI field trip
Attend the MRI field trip. The two hour session includes a review of essential safety items as well as a tour of our facility. Trips will be offered on the first Friday of each month at 3:00 pm. All trips will take place at CTI in the Olson Pavilion and will begin in the volunteer waiting room.